So Good

So Friday was so much fun thanks to a new vendor relationship!



Me and three coworkers were invited to the Club House Dining Room by a new vendor and were awarded a wristband and delicious food.  I was the cheerleader to get these guys as our new vendor (a switch from our previous vendor who ironically were seated right next to us [awkward!]) and man did it pay off so far!  And, just to add, that previous vendor that I am referring to that was right next to us, NEVER invited us to the track and we were with them for several years before switching.. just sayin!


Anyway, I digress.  This happened to be Opening Day at Saratoga Race Track, but with the heat being close to 100 degrees, the crowds weren't so bad.  But we still made a day of it despite the weather.  The track had taken extra precautions for the horses running in the heat thank goodness and a lot of them even scratched, a couple at the advise of a veterinarian.  With all the precautions the track went on as scheduled, and it ended up being a great day.    

One thing about the track, the FASHION!  Everywhere I looked there was something.  Like this gentleman with bow-tie pants.  From these pants to the hats of the ladies it all created an atmosphere that only Saratoga Race Track could.


I chose a very light white sun dress that a friend gave me, a pearl necklace that my mom gave me and some old sand dollar, silver earrings. A floppy straw hat that was my late grandmother's which matched my earthy wedges with the cork bottoms and a wooden bracelet completed the look.

I also brought powder and a washrag to blot my face in the extreme heat. It was funny to see everyone watch me in envy because they didn't think of the same thing.  I also brought a spare pair of underwear (I know TMI) but hey! when I was extremely hot and felt yucky I was able to change and feel good as new!


At the end of the day I lost $7.10 (high roller, I know) but with our gracious hosts buying us the drinks and food I'd say I came out on top.  

Comments

Popular Posts