A Bad Case of the Mondays

The morning started off by me waking up at 8:07am (supposed to leave by 8 at the latest).

I ran into my closet, grabbed the first dress I could find, threw it on with some matching shoes, grabbed some bobby pins for the car ride, threw my everyday jewelry on and I was out the door! I'm lucky because my boyfriend drives us to work every morning so I was able to whip this bun into shape on the ride.
Shirt: Ralph Lauren
Pants: Dockers

I'm also lucky (?) because I practically live at work, so brushing my teeth, make up, etc can be taken care of there. (I have a spare toiletries set in my office for such emergencies).

One of the first things that happened right when I walked in, was a coworker let me know that our server was down.  

Just a little background: at my job I, among other things, am the catch-all for anything that goes wrong at work.  From a leak in the roof, all the way to a technical problem with our in-house server.  To fix this issue I had to call our IT vendor, tell everyone to stop working & log off their computer, and they rebooted the entire system.  People were not pleased, to say the least, but oh well. 

We got it fixed right around 930am.  Thank goodness because I had to present a webinar today at 10am. Did I mention that in the frenzy that was this morning I completely forgot?! No big deal right?

Ugh.

Just breath. 

It could be worse right?  Right! As we were starting the webinar (me and my co-presenter) her computer wouldn't support the webinar! In a frenzy she rushed to my office (thankfully my computer was working just fine) and she presented from my office.  Mega props to her! After being frazzled from technological difficulties she breezed through the presentation just like the pro that she is!  



My part is just a small add-on after hers and I just read from a script, so aside from stumbling over my words because I have a brain fart, it's not as involved as her's where she shares the screen, goes through examples, and basically teaches an accounting class for 45 minutes (she's pretty awesome).

And this is all before NOON!

How on earth did I make it through all that?!

Well, the other thing, that I forgot to mention about my morning was that the other first thing I heard when I walked in was a compliment from that very same, very sweet coworker! She said I looked very "Audrey Hepburn"! 

Now I know we've all been right where I was this morning.  We've all had the "throw clothes on and go!" mornings that shortly after spiral into a cluster that we somehow manage to pull off without anyone noticing that inside we're having a tiny nervous breakdown! So what's your secret for disguising the fact that you literately got ready in no more than 5 minutes?  Or your secret for maintaining your composure no matter what?

For me, it's confidence.  If I have the right outfit on and feel confident, I feel I can conquer the world no matter what is thrown at me. 

My weapon of choice on days like these are these adorable dresses that I've accumulated over the years. I just absolutely LOVE them!  They can be dressed up or down like today and just thrown on at a last minute's notice and you still look professional and chic, and no one needs to know that you're half asleep and need coffee to actually function properly. ;)  



How do you deal with a hectic day? What are your secrets for staying calm in the face of a challenge that could make any normal person panic? 

Did I mention it's Tuesday?! Apparently, a bad case of the Mondays can happen any day of the week.  It can only go up from here right?!  Let's hope so.. I'll keep you posted!

 
 
Dress: JC Penney


Comments

Popular Posts