Supper Sunday





One thing I absolutely love about summer is the ability to go to the Farmers Market.  The ability to go to a place to where everything is guaranteed to be all natural and right out of the garden or off the farm right down the street just gives me such peace of mind.  The Internet is filled with information about so many things we eat, I've gotten to the point where I'm scared to eat anything!  It's too artificial, it's too fattening, it's too processed, it causes cancer, etc, etc, etc.  But the Farmers Market?  The wonderfully pure, wonderfully local, Farmers Market?!  I feel it's the only place where everything is "safe"; the holy grail of good, healthy, all natural, from the ground, from a local farm, "SAFE"!  And if that's not true, then please leave me in my blissful ignorance, or I think I may go crazy.  

So on to dinner.  I recently went to that wonderful, all mighty Farmers Market and I got all kinds of stuff!  Out of all that yummy goodness, tonight I decided to cook the fresh corn on the cob and green beans.  The corn only needed to be boiled for a few minutes and it was so fresh and good that I didn't even need to to put butter or salt on it  (of course I still did).  For the green beans I just sauteed them with some extra virgin olive oil and salt & pepper.  To complete dinner I baked some skinless boneless chicken breasts.  For those I put some lemon juice on them, then I sprinkled on them with Marjoram and Thyme.  I also put some water in the bottom of the pan so they didn't dry out.  Then baked them on 400 for about 25-30min.  The meal got Eric's stamp of approval, so it must have been pretty good. :)

Comments

Popular Posts