Be Quiet, Be Still

At night, right as I'm about to doze off is when my mind decides to talk about everything under the sun.  She rambles about the day ahead, what we need to do at work, what we're going to wear, things to do around the house, and on and on and on. Maybe it's because this is the first time all day that I've stopped and been quiet and still. Last night she kept me up till about 1am.


She can finally pin me down and talk about all the things that have been building up. She's definitely a workaholic, that mind of mine. If I could do as much work as my mind thinks I should, I'd be a millionaire.


After I shut her up and finally fell asleep (or maybe fell asleep while she was still going on and on) I, you guessed it, I slept in. That would be the reason for this out of control, all natural hair.


That's right, this is my, for the most part, natural hair. Sometimes, in an attempt to not put it up all the time, I'll just let it do it's thang.  Sydney over here recommended something from Pantene that I think I need to try. In the mean time, this is me. The only thing I used was some leave in conditioner and some anti frizz serum to attempt to calm it down. While it was still wet I put a few braids along the top layer until it dried. It created this sort of crimpy look in a few spots. Not sure if I'm crazy about it, but whatev, something different. I would love it if my hair was bone straight and silky smooth but at the same time I have people with my "wish list" hair, and they tell me they wish they had my hair.  I guess we all want what we don't have.  Oh well, here's to embracing your "You".  Rock it girl!


 

Comments

Popular Posts