High Waisted Pants and Braided Scarfs

Fashion Flowers and Food
 Fashion Flowers and Food
 Fashion Flowers and Food
 Fashion Flowers and Food
Fashion Flowers and Food
Blazer: Banana Republic Similar
Top: Wet Seal Similar
Belt: Calvin Klein Same
Scarf: Target Similar
Boots: BCBG Similar
Today I felt like going a little out of my comfort zone.  High waisted pants have been out there since the beginning of time, but I've never felt right in them.  I always called them "Mom Pants".  But it seems they are growing on me.  And it makes sense too because my favorite skirt style is the pencil skirt (a very high waist) and with me being so short I think the high waist helps elongate my legs.  So here's my attempt at really embracing the high waist by tucking in the top and adding a belt to complete the look.  The flare is something that I have always loved.  I was very reluctant to go to a skinny jean when they started getting popular among my friends.  I like my comfort zones, I have to say, which is probably the main reason I'm late on many of the new styles that come out.  I wait for two things: 1st, will it last or is this just a fad, and 2nd, letting the style grow on me to where I feel comfortable in it.

The scarf braid is a trick I learned from this sweet blogger over here.  Her blog is so cool and she does so many tutorials on everything from hair, to DIY, to well, braiding scarfs.  I was so stoked when I learned this one I sported it for a week straight and had to teach everyone I came in contact with.  Needless to say, I was pretty excited about it and still rock it all the time.  Are there any cool fashion tricks that you were just amazed by? Do share!

Where's Scoob?! :)

Comments

Popular Posts