Supper Sunday ~ 5 Layer Mexican Dip

Only 10 Minutes into the Picnic!
The 5 Layer Mexican Dip is not only easy to make, there are so many different ways to make it, I don't think it's possible for everyone not to enjoy it.  I'll walk you through my version but feel free to switch it up and add or leave out layers to your liking.
 
First you need a 9x13 Glass Baking dish. (I like glass so you can see the layers)
Then start adding your layers: 
 
Layer 1: 1 Block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. 
                It spreads easier if you let it sit out for an hour or so.

Layer 2: 1 Can of Old El Paso Refried Beans
                Feel free to use any kind (vegetarian, spicy, etc.)

Layer 3: 1lb of Hamburger Meat Seasoned with Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
                Use turkey meat for to make it healthier, or leave out to make the dish vegetarian. 
                If making vegetarian, be sure and use the vegetarian refried beans.

Layer 4: 1lb of Daisy Sour Cream
                Can be switched out for low fat sour cream but I find it doesn't taste as good.

Layer 5: Pace Picante Sauce Mild
                You can use any level of spice depending on how much kick you prefer


Top it off with some Mexican Blend shredded cheese.

And some Olives if you like them as much as I do.  Not everyone is a fan so I only put it on half.

And there you have it!  The only thing you have to cook is the hamburger before you add it.  Other than that, there is no need to put this in the oven unless you just want to melt the cheese but I usually serve it just like this.

Seal it up and get your chips ready to bring to the party.  It was a hit at the picnic!

 
What's your version of this dip?  I'd love to try another version and switch it up!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts