Week's Recap

Hi! I'm sorry I have been MIA for the past week (has it really already been a week?!)

Last Friday we were invited to go to a Barrel Race to see my best friend do her thing.  

For the occasion, since they're mostly outdoors, I opted for a couple of sweaters and my new favorite leather blazer, my wool hat, pashmina scarf, and just jeans and boots with gloves.  I was warm all night with all the wool and layers.  I got my gloves last year and they were supposed to be the kind you can use your iphone with, but this year, that seems to have wore off.  So just a note, the nit glove's fingertips don't stay working after a while apparently.

After we got there it took a while to see her race, but they saved the best for last because she got in there and made it look easy and got 1st place!!


The next morning on Saturday, we did what we'd been putting off for quite some time now.  We rented a splitter, went over to Eric's parents house and got to work.  Eric split wood and I stacked for six hours straight with the help of his parents.  Eric and his brother had cut down a lot of trees on their property a couple years back, leaving them in massive chunks for a splitter.  Eric's parents let us have as much firewood as we want as long as we help with the splitting.  Since we were running low on wood, and being that we heat our house with a woodstove it's in our best interest to split for them and us.  It's definitely not easy though and I was sore for days from all the stacking!  But we'll have wood for a couple of years now, at least.



Saturday evening we got to let loose a little and go to a Halloween party!  We went as hippies :)

Peace & Love!


The next morning on Sunday... back to splitting wood.  We only had the splitter for 24 hours but the next day we brought it to our house to split and we had forgotten how much we actually had!  So we rented it for another four hours so we could just get it done in one shot rather than having to do it all over again later.  After day two of splitting and stacking firewood it was so nice to get to go babysit the cutest baby in the whole world, my best friend's baby (yup, the barrel racer :).  He's about one and a half and he's at such a cute age (I say that at every age)!  He's the happiest baby you'll ever come in contact with..ok, I'm a little biased lol.. but man is he fun!  Always smiling and laughing at something and so darn smart! 


So that was our weekend in a nutshell.

Monday, it was back to work, then Scoob got to go for a ride (which she loves)...
...to the vet (which she hates).
It's a give and take.


Tuesday & Wednesday (is it really Thursday?!) I traveled for work.  Cute outfits too but I wasn't able to take pics being so busy.  I'll try and remember them though get them photographed for you.

phew!! Just recapping the last week wore me out again!

Comments

Popular Posts