Fastest Meal Ever

Fashion Flowers and Food

Let me first dedicate this entry to the man that walks in the door and wants to eat immediately.  If it wasn't for these fast meals I'm able to whip together in a moment's notice he'd eat "Brinner" every night because eggs cook so fast.

Ok, now let me get into this.. So this is probably not getting into the Guinness World Book of Records or anything but I kid you not, I started at 5:28pm and was it was plated at 5:52pm.  Let's face it, it's nothing special, but I wanted to share it because of how quick it is.

I walked in the door (knowing already what I was going to cook) grabbed the skillet, put it on the burner, added about 1tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and turned it on Med/High heat to get it warmed up.

While that was getting ready for my chicken, I added some broccoli to a pan with just a little of water in the bottom of the pan and turned it on high heat.

Fashion Flowers and Food

Next, I added my chicken to the skillet that warm by that time and seasoned it with just some Mrs Dash seasoning mix (salt free).  I have to say, it was pretty good!
  
Fashion Flowers and FoodFashion Flowers and Food

We always get the the big package of chicken boneless skinless tenders and freeze them in 4 per pack packages since it's just the two of us.  We love to cook chicken like this all the time since it's simple, and pretty healthy.  You can throw these bad boys on anything.  You can make them for chicken tacos, chicken chili, grilled chicken salad, the possibilities are endless!

Fashion Flowers and Food

By this time the broccoli will have come to a boil.  Place that on a simmer and cover.

As my broccoli was cooking I kept an eye on my chicken.  When the bottom rim (the part that is visible without lifting it up) is white, I flip it.  Then wait for the other side and ultimately the entire chicken to become white and firm.  Not too firm though, because that usually means it'll be dry and tough.  I've learned that there's really no science behind it.  As long as it's cooked all the way through.  You can cut it to see if the center is fully cooked.  As with everything in life, we get the hang of things with practice.  I cook these little guys all the time, and over time I've gotten to where I just do it without really thinking about it.  The smaller the chicken the faster too.  That's one of the main reasons we get these chicken cutlets instead of the traditional boneless skinless chicken breasts.

I digress... Next I grabbed one of these.  I used to cook these Knorr Sides alllll the time!  I would make them just for a snack if I was just wanting some comfort food, practically living off these and Ramen noodles in college.  I love all the different varieties but I've been trying to stay away from them and eat more natural foods that are less processed.  But they will always be a convenient and quick way to complete a meal.

Fashion Flowers and Food

Just follow the directions on the back of the bag and it cooks in about 7 minutes!

Fashion Flowers and Food

By this time broccoli is perfectly done, and boom! Dinner is served!

Fashion Flowers and Food

Comments

Popular Posts