Garden Update

So the end of September and beginning of October have been pretty mild.  With the mild weather still around, we were able to get some more tomatoes and pears.  Another thing we (well Eric and his brother, Brian) worked on was grinding a massive stump left over from a Box Elder tree they cut down years ago.  Every year Eric would go outside with a chain saw and try and work at the stump and cut it to try and speed up the process of it rotting away.  Well I guess he finally decided that he had lost the battle and decided to grind it down with the help of his brother and an industrial stump grinder we rented from the hardware store.  We weren't the only ones that benefited either.  They shared the love by going to my parents, Eric's parents, and Brian's house to do stump grinding pretty much all day long.


 Our pears and crab apples were still doing well at the end of September and I had wayyy too many so I gave most to my neighbor.  Maybe next year I'll try and learn some recipes so I can put them to use.  




And can I just show you the cutest little tomato ever?! I mean look how freakin small/cute this little guy is!  This is called a Sweet Pea Currant heirloom tomato, and I must say they are the most useless things ever in my opinion other than to pick and eat while still in the garden, but they sure are cute!

Sweet Pea Currant

And may I introduce you to my new friend?  I was weeding the veggie garden with a medal hand rake and he jumped out of his little hiding spot.  I thought I had stabbed him!  After picking him up and making sure he was alright (and snapping a cute pic of course) I stopped weeding at the fear of hurting or disrupting one of his friends.  Don't have to tell me twice not to weed! ;)

Toad

And at the end of my long day of gardening, I did one last walk around the property and saw this little beauty in bloom one last time before the frost comes.  One of my favorites, Carefree Wonder. :)  A very nice end to my day.

Carefree Wonder

Comments

Popular Posts