Putting All Those Tomatoes to Use

So as you probably remember from this I've had more tomatoes, among other things, than I knew what to do with.  So I Googled recipes and found this one from Southern Living and it was fantastic! 

First, I just grabbed a whole bunch of my heirloom tomatoes from my garden and sliced them up to my liking.
Next, I added my Blue Cheese Vinaigrette (about 1/4 cup) and my fresh basil (about 6 tbsp).  I tasted it and added a little more basil, because I LOVE basil and some salt & pepper.

As my mix was sitting to let the flavors get to know one another I cooked the Texas Toast and Eric grilled a delicious steak.  I mean, I don't think you can get any easier than this.  After the Texas Toast was done, I just covered it with the tomato mixture as well as some fresh Blue Cheese Crumbles from my local deli and enjoyed!  And would you believe that I don't usually like Blue Cheese?!  But with the combination of the Texas Toast and Basil, it was the perfect blend of flavors and I absolutely loved it.  This will definitely be on the menu again very shortly.   



Comments

Popular Posts