How to Make a Sweet Desert Fruit Salad

A few weeks ago (I know, I'm really behind) I went to an outdoor picnic/BBQ.  It was such a great day with wonderful weather, great food, and great company.  Not to mention the host is so crafty the decorations were just adorable!  We played boccie ball, and had a really cool set up of X-Box Kinect outside for games.  Before we went I asked the host what I could make.  She asked me to make fruit salad so I searched for a new recipe I'd never tried to before and had fun with it! I found this desert recipe and tweaked it a little by leaving out kiwi since one guest, I knew was allergic.  Anyway, isn't it just so pretty?! :)  
It was really very simple.  Just cut about two cups of strawberries in half and add to the bowl. This bowl, is one of my favorites.  I think it is so beautiful and simple and it happens to be special to me since it was my grandmothers.
Then grab about the same amount to blueberries and throw them in.
It already starts to look beautiful with just these two ingredients.
Next you need about a half of a pineapple.  A great, convenient thing if you're in a hurry like me most of the time, is that you can buy the kind that's ready to slice without having to go through all the trimming and prep that's involved with a whole pineapple.
Then add some cantaloupe.  To be honest, I really just eyeballed all the fruit and put in as much as what looked pretty and filled the bowl nicely.  For the cantaloupe, I used about half of one.
Then you need about a 1/4 cup of confectioner sugar (or as much as you'd like depending on your sweet tooth) and two teaspoons of vanilla extract, and viola! Fruit Salad for Desert! I kept it in the fridge for a couple of hours before I went to the party to let all the flavors meld.  It was delish!  
Enjoy! Let me know how you tweak your recipe!
 

Comments

Popular Posts