Fall Tease & Layering


Up here in New York there are times when the weather has an identity crisis and can't figure out what season it wants to be. Right now it's struggling with summer, winter, and fall. In the early mornings it could be mistaken for the beginnings of winter, by mid afternoon it tries to squeeze out the last bit of summer and in the evenings it finally gives in to the season to come by presenting us with a beautiful, crisp, Autumn breeze.

Meanwhile back on the ranch... while all of this is happening and the weather tries to figure out what season it would like to portray each day, I, like clockwork, will get a cold. The abrupt changes in temperature does not sit well with my sinuses and never has.  On another note I have to get creative with my wardrobe and anticipate a sudden summer sun showing up on the same day as a freezing cold morning. It's a challenge to say the least but over the years I've attempted to master this art of layering.

Mornings you'll see me walk into the office with a scarf, gloves, hat and....sandals (yup, sandals) and throughout the day I'll take off and put back on my layers as the temperature warrants. The sandals are the absolute LAST thing I give up each year in a desperate attempt to hold on to every last ounce of summer I can.  So don't be surprised if there is a morning when frost is on the ground, or even a light snow and my sandals are still on.  I guess I could attribute this stubbornness to the fact that I'm originally from the south and I may or may not be in denial that I actually live in the Northeast and have for the past 15 years.  After Autumn finally wins and takes over with its beautiful foliage, presenting us with breathtaking scenery, I remember just how much I love the change of seasons that the Northeast permits and after living in both the south and the northeast, I would say, does it best.

Happy Fall Everyone! :)     

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts