Animal Print & Changing Leaves


One of my favorite things in the fall is when this tree turns.  A lot of trees on our property turn for the fall, but this one is such a bright, beautiful red and it's right outside my front door.  It greets me every morning of autumn a little more red than the day before as if to count down the days until the snow falls.  If I'm lucky, a light snow will fall right before its grand finale creating the perfect portrait of red against the pure white of that first snow fall.  I have to be careful not to miss this as these snowfalls will often melt quickly or be covered with the last bit of falling leaves.  I'll do my best to keep my eye on it this year, because you don't want to miss it, she's a beauty.  


Not only are the leaves turning, but while my peaches have concluded their spectacular show, my apples are also having a heck of a year!  My tree is a Macintosh Apple Tree so they are perfect for apple pies.  And let me tell you, there is nothing like my mom's apple pie.  She was nice enough to bake us one of those delicious apple pies and I'm not ashamed to say, it was gone in less than a week.  Soooo goood!! There is something awesome that is happening this year with my fruit trees.  All of them are doing the best they have ever done.  Not only do I have a gazillion apples with which I hope to bake many apple crisps, pies, and the-like (you can probably guess what we'll be bringing to Thanksgiving), but my pear tree is doing exceptionally well too!  So if anyone needs me I'll be baking until next year.   

Comments

Popular Posts