Garden Update!

June is easily becoming my favorite month of the year.  May was wonderful with the tulips, but man, these peonies take the cake!  And the weather seems to finally be deciding that it's going to stay warm, maybe even hot on some days, but the nights are cool and beautiful for sleeping comfortably.  All the birds have found and established their little boxes and some have babies chirping away when you walk by while mom sits and watches you closely.  Hi, Baby Wrens!

My seedum that I saved and learned about last year is doing wonderfully.  It's so nice to see something I touch not die in protest of their new owner not really knowing what the hell she's doing.

My peonies are making lovely cloud-like pillows for the bumble bees, while my iris are as majestic as ever this year.

Peony as big as my fist!
These, I've decided, are my favorite in all the land... well, my land, that is.

I'm not sure what this is called, but this will be what I learn this year.  I'll let you know after I call my mom, or bug my neighbor :-)  I figure if I learn a few each year, I'll be a pro by the time I'm fifty, right?!


And I don't know why, but one of the most beautiful things to me is our field right after it's been mowed.
Till next time! Thanks for stopping by :)

Comments

Popular Posts