"Life is happening to you."

The other day, I was having a little bit of a frazzled day, and I was telling my boss everything that was “wrong” as I sometimes do at the beginning of the day, and she said to me, "Life is happening to you."

This statement really resonated with me for some reason. 

“Life is happening to you.”

It made me think of all the “life” happening!  Ok, that may sound weird.  Life happens every day, but for years mine seemed very stagnant, boring almost.  We were in our routine and life was quiet.  But then all of the sudden, about a year ago, life decided to get moving in a very real way.  Good, bad, happy, sad, pretty, ugly - “Life” was, and still is happening.  And I suppose that after years of being quiet, it’s just a little bit of an adjustment for me, but I couldn’t be more thankful for all the wonderful things going on right now! 

One small thing going on right now, and one reason I've been neglectful to my little blog.. 


I’m about to get married, people!! 
MARRIED!!!  

And wedding planning has been crazy!  Crazy stressful, crazy fun, and just plain crazy!  I’m trying to not get sucked into the little things and trying to stay focused on the bigger picture.  This “industry”, as it’s so romantically called, is enormous and, if you let it, can consume you.  So if you're in the thick of it right now, like me, remember that at the end of it all, you will have a husband/wife/partner.  That's what it's all about; not how a napkin is folded, or the color of  a particular votive on a particular table in a particular spot, but if you're not careful those little things can take over and you can lead yourself to believe that they will make or break the atmosphere of your big day.  


With my wedding coming up in August, I am finding myself feeling very anxious and impatient.  I just want this day to be here.  I just want to marry the love of my life, and I don’t care about anything else, especially that little votive and where it goes.  I’ve waited so long for this moment, almost 9 years to be exact, that I’m starting to just care less about all the seemingly insignificant things that take time, stress, and money.  

It’s not necessarily a good thing though because I do want this day to be beautiful, and special, and all those little details will make people smile and remember the day as something great and know that someone took time and care to place that little candle just so.  


Enter: Wedding Planner 
[cue the Hallelujah sounding, "AWWW"]

This my friends, is why a Wedding Planner is absolutely priceless.  She is focusing on all those little details like those little votives and even more importantly the vendors that would place said votives in said spot with just the right color and I don't have to worry about a thing!  She has kept me focused and kept me on track with my budget, and schedule of To-Do’s to make sure that this day is everything we envisioned and then some, and the fact that she's my friend too is just an added bonus!  So, I guess this is me saying, Thanks, Melissa!  


Only a few months left!

www.amyrockwellphotography.com
Amy Rockwell Photography


Comments

Popular Posts