Dinner in 5 Ingredients or Less


Sometimes when I'm in a rush and hungry I just want to cook the food I have. I don't want to do anything fancy with other ingredients or seasonings, I just literally want to COOK. THE. FOOD.

Which brought me to this post. I have a feeling I'm not the only one.  Well this meal is just that. Cooked food.  Takes no brain power whatsoever and is done in no time. 

Ingredients:
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 pork sausage
2 bell peppers
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup marinara sauce

Cook sausage 10-20 min on med heat in a large skillet until browned
Add peppers about half way in, cook in same skillet 5-10 min depending on preference of tenderness.
Add to roll or bowl and serve. Add marina and/or mozz cheese if desired.

Prep 5min; Cook 20min; Serves 2


First, I heat up the olive oil on med heat, then add the sausage and cook for about 15 min turning them every so often so not to blacken one side more than another.

Meanwhile I got my peppers ready.  I'll share this with you because I one point I thought it was the coolest thing.  Some of you will already know this little trick and think it's old news, but for the rest of us...

Just cut the peppers in half along the stem and take out the stem with your hand! Rinse out all the seeds and viola!  Then cut them into strips, then cut the strips in half. Another good tip: cut with the peppers in this position. The peppers are softer on this side and it's not as slippery making it less likely to slip off and cut your finger. (Yup that happened a few years ago, so thought I'd share)

After the sausage is about 1/2 way cooked throw in your pepper and stir occasionally. At this point I put it up to med-high (or just a little hotter). In total the sausage take about 15 min to cook through.  I like to cook them a little on the slow side so the outside doesn't get too crispy but if you like them a little crunchier turn it up a little and they'll be done quicker too.

Then your done! Eric's likes his plain on a roll, but me, I like mine cut up...

With some sauce on it...

And some peppers on top...

Sure why not, throw some cheese on there too...

And a little more sauce for good measure.

And that's it! Dinner in less than 5 ingredients!  Quick and easy!

Enjoy! What are some quick meals you guys like to throw together when you're hungry and just NEED FOOD? These recipes are my favorite! 

Comments

Popular Posts