Month's Recap

There is so much I need to catch you up on! So bear with me as I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

At the beginning of the month I had my friend's baby shower which was just perfectly done. She has the greatest taste and I swear she could have her own DIY blog and/or Pinterest page. And it was so great to see all the girls! Congrats again Kara! 
Fashion, Flowers and Food

The next week was me just getting into the daily grind - head down with blinders on not even acknowledging the world around me. I have a tendency to do this sometimes, which is a really bad habit and my friends especially pay the price.  It's the true friends though that are always waiting for me with open arms on the other side. 

Fashion, Flowers and Food

After that, I got to hang out with one of those very friends all day and spend some QT with her and her son!  Then that Saturday, I got to go to a wine tasting party and learn all about how wine is supposed to be enjoyed.  There are rules, people! Not that I would shame anyone, including myself, for not following them, but apparently, they do exist.  It was so fun to see some work friends outside of the office.  It's so great to hang out with the people you spend most of your waking hours with in the first place, but this time there isn't any work to be done except, sip some amazing wine. 

In between all of that we continued to stack wood and get the house ready for winter. I ended up moving our love-seat from from our first apartment in front of the wood stove in the basement. It was being stored down there anyways for when we finished the basement so why not have a cozy spot to read in front of the fire on really cold night?! 

On November 10th, Eric and I had our 8 year anniversary. It was quiet and modest. We had a lovely evening in and made a romantic dinner that we ate at our dining room table (that never happens).  We didn't get each other anything since we're trying to save money, so I baked him a cake and stacked some more wood for him since it was almost comical how much we needed to get done and I knew that'd he'd appreciate that in ways only we would understand. 
Fashion, Flowers and Food
Fashion, Flowers and Food
Fashion, Flowers and Food
Fashion, Flowers and Food

The next day on Nov. 11th we had a relaxing day off for Veterans Day.  I thought of all the people in and out my life, that serve and have served in the past, and I hope they know that they are appreciated.  

On 11/12/13, the next thing that happened this month was the most wonderful thing...

...to be continued 

Comments

Popular Posts